Terrie Spohn, DNP, APRN-NP, FNP-BC
Terrie Spohn, DNP, APRN-NP, FNP-BC.
Owner & CEO, Family Nurse Practitioner
Dr. Terrie Spohn, a Family Nurse Practitioner was born in Bellevue, Nebraska. She was raised overseas as her father was in the United States Air Force, which afforded her great opportunity of cultural appreciation. She later joined the US Army initially as a medical laboratory specialist and then later earned her position as an Army Nurse Corps Officer. After several years as a nurse, she realized she wanted to do more for patients and their families. She went back to school and completed her Master of Science in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner and then later received her Doctor of Nursing degree with a concentration in Family Medicine and Health Policy and Legislation.
Dr. Spohn has served on numerous boards and committees. She has served six years as a governor appointed member on the Nebraska Center for Nursing Board of Directors as well as a wide variety of leadership positions within the Nebraska Nurse Practitioner organization, Nebraska Nurses Association, and many other groups. Dr. Spohn has earned several military and private sector awards, scholarships, and fellowships throughout the years.
Dr. Spohn is an established and highly skilled Family Nurse Practitioner and sees a wide range of acute and chronic conditions. Dr. Spohn and her husband pride themselves on starting Cedar Plains Family Medicine, a family practice clinic offering comprehensive health care to all ages and Bella Wellness & Aesthetics, providing a wide range of aesthetic services. Dr. Spohn also works as an Emergency Department Hospitalist at a rural hospital keeping her procedural and surgical skills up-to-date. She also continues her work with disabled veterans and active duty military members.
Dr. Spohn is a strong advocate for her patients and colleagues and has been a speaker at several conferences. She takes great pride in the relationships she has built with her patients and the community. She actively participates in the community and legislative issues and activities to ensure accessibility to high quality and cost-effective health care to all. Her past military and civilian experience situated in a wide variety of health care settings combined with her advanced skills in disease prevention and health care maintenance makes her an attentive and compassionate health care provider.
Dr. Spohn and her husband, Martin, have been married since 1999 and have two very active boys in high school. They live in Firth, Nebraska, and find themselves being “chauffer” for quite a few sporting events. Away from work, Dr. Spohn enjoys the great outdoors, gardening, fishing, bon fires, and spending time with her kids, family, and friends.
- Master of Science in Negotiation and Dispute Resolution, Creighton School of Law, Werner Institute, Omaha, NE, 2014
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (focus on Family Medicine and Health Policy and Legislation), Creighton University, Omaha, NE, 2013
- Post-Master’s Certificate – Nurse Educator, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 2011
- Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Hawaii Pacific University, Kaneohe, HI, 1997
- Pre-Med: Associate in Liberal Arts, Chaminade University, Honolulu, HI, 1995
- Medical Laboratory Specialist, Academy of Health Sciences, US Army, For Sam Houston, TX, 1988
Military Service: 1988-2000
Board and Special Interest Certification
- American Nurses Credentialing Center – Family Nurse Practitioner – Board Certified, 2010
- Family Mediation Program. The Office of Dispute Resolution – State of Nebraska – 2014
- Mediation Program. The Office of Dispute Resolution – State of Nebraska, 2012
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Alpha Sigma Nu
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Nebraska Nurse Practitioner Association
- American Nurses Association
- Nebraska Nurse Association
- Nebraska Nurse Practitioenr’s Assocation
- American Legion
- Boy Scouts of America
- Hickman Area Chamber of Commerce
- Special Olympics
- Veterans of Foreign Wars